January 24 – 27, 2022:
The Saudi Pharmaceutical Society (SPS) conducted its Saudi International Pharmaceutical Conference & Workshop (SIPHA). The event proved to be a platform for all pharmacists, regardless of their career level.
The highlight of the event was the unique Clinical Skills Competition that was conducted from 24 – 27 January, attracting 25 local universities, with teams travelling to participate from different parts of the Kingdom, in addition to Bahrain University joining too.
The fierce, intense challenge covered different knowledge and practical aspects of Pharmacy studies, including diagnostic skills using robots and technology. The competition was live streamed to give a chance to colleagues watching online to help their university’s team by voting on the correct answers if they face any difficulty. Our team reached the semi-final stage where they came fourth, after losing to Imam Mohammad Ibn Saud Islamic University (IMSIU), while Shaqra University won the competition.
The winning teams are:
- College of Pharmacy, Shaqra University
- Unaizah College of Pharmacy, Qassim University
- Imam Mohammad Ibn Saud Islamic University (IMSIU), Riyadh
- Alfaisal University College of Pharmacy.
Congratulations to our team and we wish them the best of luck in the coming editions of the competition.
– About Saudi Pharmaceutical Society (SPS) is a non-profit professional organization representing all pharmacists of Saudi Arabia. It was founded in 1988 and it contributes to the planning and development of the pharmacy profession. The Honorary President is his Royal Highness Prince Fahad Bin Sultan bin Abdul-Aziz.