Alfaisal University conducted the International Forum on Drug Quality, which was held on 16-18 November 2017, at Najd Hall, Riyadh Marriott Hotel, Riyadh, KSA.
Opening remarks, event introduction was introduced by H.E. Prof. Hisam Al Jadhey, Executive President of Saudi Food and Drug Authority, Riyadh, KSA.
Target Audience: All health care professionals including physicians of all specialties and pharmacists, policy makers and decision makers related to pharmaceutical products and medications.
Prof. Abdul Rahman Jazieh, MD, MPH
Chairman of Oncology Department
Ministry of National Guard Health Affairs, Riyadh, KSA.
Prof. Khalid Alkattan, MD
Dean, College of Medicine
VP Administrative Affairs
Alfaisal University, Riyadh, KSA.
- Providing insights into development, manufacturing, control, registration, and regulations of biologics (originators, biosimilars and non-comparable biologics)
- Providing insights into the specific concept of biosimilar development and registration requirements.
- Providing an overview of the worldwide regulation on biosimilars.
- Discussing the specifics, risks and challenges related to approval of biologics and the need for an adequate pharmacovigilance.
- Providing guidance for the safe implementation of biosimilars.
Prof. Paul Declerck, PharmD, PhD
Professor, Dean Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
KU Leuven, University of Leaven.
Dr. Munir Abu-Helalah, MD, MPH, PHD
Adjunct Associate professor in epidemiology and preventive medicine, Alfaisal University
Regional Director, Middle East and North Africa, Global Academy for Health Sciences (GAHS), Ohio, USA
Prof. Atef Alshibl, MD, MSc, PHD
Professor of Microbiology
Chairman of Microbiology and Immunology Department
College of Medicine, Alfaisal University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Accreditation: Attendees received certificate of completion from Alfaisal University with 22 CME Hours.
Participants: Up to 80 health care professionals.