The Shell Eco-Marathon Asia 2015 will take place in Manila, Philippines, from February 26 to March 1, 2015.
A team of Alfaisal University engineering students, led by their faculty advisor Dr. Zhao Yong, from the Mechanical Engineering Department, will participate in this exciting event for the first time. The Team Alfaisal consists of the following students:
- Abdulmhsin Abdulhakim Ababtain (Mechanical Engineering)
- Rashid Shaikh Mohammed Shahid (Mechanical Engineering)
- Ouais Saad (Electrical Engineering)
- Yasser Mohamad Isam Zahra (Mechanical Engineering)
- Mishari Turki Alsaud (Mechanical Engineering)
- Youssef Omaia Elakwah (Aerospace Engineering)
- Majed Mohammed Suwailem (Mechanical Engineering)
The project was initiated after Dr. Zhao introduced the event to Rashid, who subsequently formed the team quickly. This was followed by the signing of MOU between Alfaisal University and Shell KSA, with assistance from the Research Office. Our team is the first in the Kingdom to sign the MOU to participate in the Shell Eco-marathon.
Team Alfaisal at the sending off party and posing in front of the finished car with the Provost Dr. Faisal Mubarak, Dr. Nidal Nasser, Dean of Engineering and Dr. Matheus Goosen, Associate VP for Research and Graduate Studies.